Malabsorption syndrome is a syndrome which consists of collection of set of signs and symptoms which result out of deficiency of various nutrients inside human body caused by defective absorption of nutrients through gastrointestinal tract. Malabsorption syndrome result not out of lesser quantity or lesser quality of food available for eating but instead it result out of poor absorption of nutrients, poor assimilation of nutrients from food in gastro-intestinal tract.
Now, next question which comes to mind is why this poor absorption of nutrients from food occurs in malabsorption syndrome? Why not all nutrients get absorbed properly from food in gastrointestinaltract during digestion process? What is the main defect or defects or abnormalities which are responsible for causing this defective absorption of nutrients from food in malabsorption syndrome?
The various main defects or abnormalities or stuff responsible for causing this defective absorption of nutrients from food in malabsorption syndrome are-
- Lack of bile.
- Lack of pancreatic enzymes.
- Overgrowth of bacteria.
- Things or culprits which damage epithelium of small intestine.
- Post mucosal lymphatic obstruction.
- Lack of bile- Is also one of the causative factors which causes malabsorption syndrome. This lack of bile causes inadequate improper solubilization and improper hydrolysis of nutrients. When nutrients does not get properly solubilised and does not get properly hydrolyzed, and then they do not get properly absorbed inside lumen of gastrointestinal tract and hence result in malabsorption syndrome. So, as a result, proper and adequate secretion of bile is very crucial factor for proper absorption of nutrients of food from gastrointestinal tract during digestion process as lack of bile secretion causes malabsorption syndrome.
- Lack of pancreatic enzymes- Like lack of bile, lack of pancreatic enzymes also cause malabsorption syndrome. They too causes improper, inefficient solubilization and hydrolysis of nutrients,
- Overgrowth of bacteria- Overgrowth of bacteria inside lumen of gastro-intestinal tract which are deadly for health of human body, which are not friendly and causes various diseases inside human body, in short those bacteria which are pathogenic in nature and also found in contaminated food, their overgrowth inside human body causes malabsorption syndrome.
- Culprits that damages epithelium of small intestine- When mucosal epithelium of small intestine gets damaged, then, it also results in malabsorption syndrome. Culprits, conditions or diseases which damage mucosal epithelium of small intestine also causes improper absorption of nutrients from food inside gastro-intestinal tract and hence causes malabsorption syndrome.
- Post mucosal lymphatic obstruction- Post mucosal lymphatic obstruction also causes improper absorption of lipids from food ingested. It also causes protein losing enteropathy. So, post mucosal lymphatic obstruction is also one of the causative factors which causes malabsorption syndrome.
So, this was about, stuff responsible for causing malabsorption in human body, but do you know which fruits and vegetables help in detoxifying human body?