If you know, which are seasonal fruits and seasonal vegetables of which season; then it is well and good, you can easily complete health task of turning your pledge of eating seasonal fruits into reality. But, if you do not know; then, this article will tell you about, which fruits are seasonal fruits of summer and winter.
And, which vegetables are seasonal vegetables of summer and winter that I will tell you in next article. So, here comes-
List of fruits which are seasonal fruits of summer-
Yes, first I will tell you seasonal fruits of summer-
- Mango- Yes, first comes mango, favorite of many and king of all fruits is seasonal fruit of summer.
- Papaya- Second comes papaya, which is favorite fruit of skin conscious people. This fruit, which is very good for skin, is second fruit in list of seasonal fruits of summer.
- Peach- Peach fruit comes third in list of summer’s seasonal fruits. It too, like papaya is very good for skin; but also very healthy for eyes.
- Pear fruit- Pear fruit is fourth fruit in list of summer’s seasonal fruits list and is vitamin C and fiber full.
- Sweet lime and Lychee- Sweet lime (known in India mosambi) and Lychee (known in India as Litchi) are fifth and sixth fruit in list of summer’s seasonal fruits; very rich in vitamin C and A and very juicy.
- Watermelon, Yellow melon and Grapes- are 7th, 8th and 9th fruits in list of seasonal fruits of summer season. Grapes, no doubt, these days available in November in India; but they are not seasonal; they are non-seasonal and grown by artificial means in non-seasonal environmental conditions. In actual, grape is a seasonal fruit of summer.
- Similarly, Guava, banana and Blackberry- Guava known in India as Amrood and blackberry known as Jamun in India; both of them summer’s seasonal fruits and banana too is summer’s seasonal fruit. No doubt, banana is now available, these days in every season; but, in actual, it is seasonal fruit of summer season.
List of fruits of winter season-
This list is very small as compared to summer’s seasonal fruit list-
- Orange- vitamin C, A and beta-carotene rich fruit and 1st fruit in list of winter season’s fruits. It is very good for diabetics.
- Dates- 2nd fruit in list of winter season’s fruits and is very good for constipation victims.
- Apple- is doctor repelling fruit and is third fruit in list of winter season's fruit.